ETSU (East Tennesee State University) Nationals Qualifier
Saturday May 4, 2013 and Sunday May 5, 2013
807 University Parkway, Johnson City, TN 37614-1700
Google Lat/Long Coordinate: 36.301603,-82.364008
Parking lot across from the Northeast TN Regional Health Office
1233 Southwest Ave
Johnson City, TN 37604
Register Online on Bikereg
0800 – 1000 DH Practice
1015 Riders Meeting
1030 DH Start
0800 – 1400 Practice
1400 DS Qualifying
1500 DS Start
Sunday 6 Hrs of Buc Ridge:
Entry Cost: (per Bikereg event page):
• Slalom Pro/Cat1 $40
• Slalom Cat2 $30
• Slalom Cat3 $30
• Slalom Jrs $30
• Slalom Womens $30
• DownHill Pro/Cat1 $40
• DownHill Cat2 $30
• DownHill Cat3 $30
• Downhill Jrs $30
• Downhill Womens $30
• 6HR OPEN $40
• 6HR SPORT $20
• 6HR BEGINNER $20
• 6HR WOMENS $40
• 6HR OPEN TEAM $75 (2 Riders per team)
• Register for more than one class and BikeReg will discount it to the proper rate
• All gravity events will be on Saturday May 4th. Your first class is $30 and second class is $15. There will be a late fee $10 charge “day of” for your classes. So, “day of” you will be charged $40 for your first class then $15 for your second. You must check in at registration even if you pre-register, there will be a different line for riders that pre-register.
• No refunds
• Trophies like last years will be awarded to all top finishers and there are some different trophies this year too for certain classes. Prizes may be awarded too.
• Pro payout will be dependent on Pro turnout – 1st place is guaranteed 100% payback.
6 Hours of Buc Ridge:
• Open & Women payout will be depend on turnout – 1st place is guaranteed 100% payback. All other classes will be awarded medals.
Facebook Event Page
Other Info and Requirements:
• DH times will be consist of the best of two runs.
• Sunday will consist of a 6 hour XC race around the ETSU XC trails! We plan on riding the Buc Ridge side only unless turnout is more than expected. If this happens our backup plan is to use all 5.5 miles of trails to give riders more room.
• This weekend of events is fundraiser for the ETSU Cycling club and to assist riders in our area qualifying for the 2013 USAC DH Nationals at Angel Fire , N.M. It also provides a opportunity for local gravity racers to qualify for the DH Nationals so they won’t have to travel many hours to qualify at another venue.
• Helmets are required anytime you are on a bike, USAC officials will be enforcing the rule. If you are on a bike, wear a helmet on the track and off !!!! If an official catches you riding your bike anywhere at the race without a helmet you WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!
• You must fill out and sign a waiver during check-in/registration (THIS IS MANDATORY FOR EVERY RIDER)
• This is a USA Cycling (USAC) sanctioned event and ALL RIDERS WILL BE REQUIRED to have a USAC license to participate.
• If you do not have one you can purchase a one-day for $10 or you can purchase an annual license for $60 at the event. Annual license may also be purchased in advance at USA Cycling
• USAC OFFICIALS WILL BE CHECKING LICENSES! IF YOU DON’T HAVE A USAC LICENSE OR PROOF THAT YOU DO……..YOU DON”T RACE! PERIOD
• WHEN YOU COME TO REGISTRATION HAVE YOUR LICENSE READY TO SHOW AN OFFICIAL. IF YOU DONT HAVE YOUR LICENSE WITH YOU AND HAVE A HAVE A SMART PHONE, HAVE IT LOADED WITH YOUR CURRENT USAC LICENSE INFO SHOWING THAT IT IS, IN FACT, CURRENT. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RACE IF “YOU” CAN’T SHOW THE OFFICIAL YOU HAVE A CURRENT USAC LICENSE. IT’S NOT THE USAC OFFICIALS RESPONSIBILITY IT’S YOURS!!!