The Brushy Mtn Cyclists Club (BMCC) will be hosting the 2013 USAC North Carolina State Championship Super D Race Series at the Warrior Creek trail system. Race 1 of 3 will take place on a new course located 4 miles from the local favorite Dark Mountain, on the first half of the Headwaters loop.
What: NC State Super D Race Series – King of the Lake Race 1 (Race 1 of a 3 race series…… Other race dates still TBD)
When: Saturday March 9, 2013
Where: 7659 West HWY 268, Boomer, NC (closest city North Wilkesboro, NC)
Bikereg.com Event Registration
0800 Registration/Practice opens
1000 Registration/Practice closes
1015 Riders meeting
1045 Race starts
Awards After Dash Race
Headwaters Dash for Cash:
0800 Registration/Practice opens 8:00am
1000 Registration/Practice closes 10:00am
15 min after Conclusion of Super D -Riders meeting
30 minutes after Super D Race – Race starts
15 minutes after final Dash racer – Awards (Super D & Dash)
Race Information – Super D:
Class Structure & Race Order
1. Pro Men
2. Cat. 1 Men 19+
3. Cat. 2 Men 19+
4. Pro Women
5. Cat. 1 Women 19+
6. Cat. 3 Men 19+
7. Junior Men 15-18
8. Junior Men 14/u
9. Cat. 2 Women 19+
10. Cat. 3 Women 19+
11. Junior Women 18/u
12. *Bike Bike – 180mm fork minimum
*Big Bike does not qualify for State Championship status
Super D Race Format:
Racers will leave at one minute increments. The best of two runs format will be utilized unless it is raining or if the course is so slick that multiple runs would cause excess erosion. If this happens then the Super D will be a single run format. This will be decided the day of the event.
Super D Course Description:
The Super D will take place on the first half of the Headwaters loop which is about the same distance as the Dark Mtn Super D course. The course has more jumps and rocky technical sections than Dark Mtn. The course does have climbing sections but nothing super steep and no long pedally sections like Dark Mtn.
Race Information – Dash for Cash:
Class Structure & Race Order
1. Men 19+
2. Women 19+
3. Junior 18/U
4. Big Bike – 180mm fork minimum
Dash for Cash Race Format:
Racers will leave at one minute increments. One run format. Course Marshals will be strategically located throughout the course. Part of the Course Marshal’s responsibility is to ensure racers do not run through certain sections of the course as this will result in disqualification. Walking through sections is permitted.
Dash for Cash Course Description:
The Dash for Cash will take place on the second half of the Headwaters. This part of the course is very rocky and technical with a good portion of the course involves climbing though nothing is really steep. This is your chance to showcase your technical ability…and get paid for it!
Super D – $25 entry fee
$20 for second class for same racer (e.g. race both Cat. 2 & Big Bike)
Dash for Cash – $10 entry fee
In order to register you must also be registered for the Super D
Super D Awards
In order to maintain low entry fees our awards will be limited. Individual race winners (top 3 finishers) will be awarded medals only. Any profits will put back into the trails for maintenance and further development. The awards ceremony will take place approximately 15 minutes after the final Dash for Cash racer finishes.
Dash for Cash Awards
This is a winner take all race. Individual race winners will be awarded 100% of the entry fee for their respective classes. The awards ceremony will take place approximately 30 minutes after the final racer.
Other Info and Requirements:
1. This is a USA Cycling (USAC) sanctioned event.
2. An annual or one-day USAC-MTB license will be required and available for purchase the day of the event.
3. Annual license can also be purchased in advance at www.usacycling.org.
4. One-day license are $5
5. Cat. 1 & Pro classes require an annual license.
6. All entrants are required to sign the USA Cycling Standard Athletes Release Form.
7. Minors must have a parent or guardian with them when registering to sign the release form.
8. Beginner and Sport riders may compete without an annual USAC-MTB license, but in order to be eligible for State Championship titles and State Championship medals, riders will need to have an annual license.
9. If rain is forecasted for the entire weekend then the race may be postponed to a later date that will be at least three weeks out. A decision will be made by 12:00 noon on the Friday before the event and posted on the BMCC forum. The “TBD” dates will be decided on once other Southern races dates are posted, ie ETSU, Beech, Snowshoe, Paris, etc.
10. Finally, Have Fun!
Wilkesboro Area Website
Wilkesboro Area Info: On-Site Camping
Special thanks to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) for working in partnership with the BMCC on trail development and land management. Since November 2002, the BMCC has led the charge to develop more than 30+ miles of multi-user trails at W Kerr Scott Dam & Reservoir. To learn more or volunteer at the next trail day, visitwww.bmcc.us